Friday, September 29, 2006

Reincarnation: Day 3

Everything except email was back up within a few hours yesterday afternoon.

After three support tickets, approximately one every eight hours, I can finally log in to my email, but can I receive email? No.

This is the Postfix program at host spunkymail-mx7.dreamhost.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be be [sic] delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to [postmaster]

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

[foo@spunkymail-mx7.dreamhost.com] (expanded from [foo@nameremoved.org]): unknown user: "foo"

I also have another ticket open because I don't have sufficient permissions to delete the offending file that started all of this mess. I'm afraid they might decide to suspend my account again before I get access to delete the file.

As of this writing, I still have no response from DreamHost about either the email problems or the file permissions. The lack of communication during this whole debacle is unbelievable.

The nightmare is not yet over.

No comments: